Flower Power One Block Wonder


This little wall hanging was created for our guild show challenge. Our show was yesterday and today. There are about 135 members of the guild, and we had more than 320 items on display.

I've only been with the guild a little more than a year, and it was my first time entering items. Helped organize too - did the photo dvd's and publicity. What was I thinking ... all this in the middle of planting season and moving kids hither and yon as the university year just finished up. I am really ready for a day of rest!

The show really was awesome - so many wonderful quilts, wonderful workmanship, lots of variety in style and patterns and fabrics. My favourite demonstration was a 'bed turning' - a qualified quilt appraiser turned through a stack of about 25 quilts, talking about each one (period, construction, fabric, etc) it was really fun!

So, here's my One Block Wonder for the Flower Power challenge ...