Fun find - Jenny's poetry

Today I'm purging again - sorting through stuff we'll keep, stuff we'll donate, stuff that is way past its expiry date and needs to be trashed.

Today is the collection of books.  One of our cupboards is filled with children's books.  Found "Reflections & Expectations V" - Kent County Writing Anthology.  This was published by the local school board - submissions from teachers in local schools, gathered into this delightful anthology.  I think this is from 1993, but there is no actual date.  Am going by the grades/ages of kids I know ...

Page 49
MY HORSE AND I CUT THROUGH THE BREEZE

My horse and I cut through the breeze,
We make dust dance behind us
You see the trail fall behind
while you hear the stones shirt
then
GET
I command
The wind whips through my hair
As we jump ponds and soar like an eagle
twisting and turning around corners
The sun is going down, we won't stop
when 
BAM!
My horse comes to a complete stop
while I fly off into the gravel
OOPS!
I must put another quarter in the machine
People staring with wide eyes
Kids waiting in line
but that doesn't matter
we're in the mall and it's all going to happen 
AGAIN!

Jennifer Woods
Grade 7
Orford Township Central School

Jenny went on to acquire a horse of her own, which she still enjoys today :)
What fun!