Quilting hiatus

It's official.  My sewing machine is back in its box, my odds and ends around the machine are packed. My frame and my first mid-arm have found a delightful new home.  My sewing and quilting are on hold until we are moved and unpacked at the new house.  There is a new frame ready to be picked up and assembled at the new house.

This is the week of the move.  We've decided to spoil ourselves and the movers are packing.  That doesn't mean we get away with much - still have to purge and sort and classify and donate and decide on what stays, what goes.

Dinner tonight was a concoction of random stuff from the pantry.  Turned out pretty tasty, lucky for us!

The LAST load of laundry is through my most horrid washing machine.  I am still deciding if I'm going to shoot it to bits or sledge hammer it.  Nasty thing stops half way through a cycle for no reason, takes 2 hours to run a 50 minute cycle, does not drain.  I will not miss it!

Not sure yet if the movers are starting Tuesday or Wednesday.

Have received more hate mail on our efforts to rehome our faithful dogs.  People are just bizarre. Shame on us for trying to find them a new home?   They are not house dogs, they are not town dogs. They've lived on the farm their whole lives.  We hoped the new owners would be able to adopt them but they just cannot - they have to focus on care for their new infant with significant health issues.   We're heartbroken but we are trying to do the best we can for them.

We've found lots of things that bring back fun memories - files from when we were coaching Little Rockers, 'graduation' photos from Jack & Jill (preschool).  My trunk is full again with another load for Goodwill.

Keeping us going is knowing the exciting new chapter about to begin for us.  So here's another sneak peek of the new house!  This next week will be emotional and bittersweet and another lot of work, but also filled with hope and excitement!