Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt

I purchased this delightful book by Laurie Aaron Hird a few years ago, lovingly admired the letters and blocks but couldn't get a start.

For this triip, I packed a whole bunch of earthy scraps and FQ's, to get a start on this beautiful quilt!  I even discovered a Yahoo Group that is dedicated to this project, with paper piecing templates and support and hints and community (FarmersWifeSampler Quilt Along).  

And I have started!  The FWS QAL group hosts a block each week, so this was a good place to start. This week's block is #48, "Homeward Bound".  And I did a few others.  Some are paper pieced!

Each block will finish at 6" (6 1/2" at this point).  There are 111 blocks in the book.


FWS #48 Homeward Bound


FWS#2 Autumn Tints

FWS #4 Basket Weave

FWS #10 Bowtie

FWS #38 Friendship