Southern Sewing

We've hopped, skipped and jumped across the continent seeking sunshine and warmth.  Rented a house and trying to find a good spot for my sewing stuff.   The kitchen is big and bright and the table is huge ... so we eat at one end and I'm piecing at the other :)

Warmed up with more improv blocks to go with my Paper Birch that I made at the Cheryl Arkison 'Improv with Intent' workshop.


Isn't that a gorgeous clock?!!

I brought about a dozen too many projects to work on.  I collect books as well as fabric, including "The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt", which has 111 blocks, that finish at 6" each.  I have started on these blocks, in earthy colours.

Trying to do these blocks with paper piecing, and have also joined the Yahoo group FarmersWifeSampler for hints and tricks and tips.  I have only done paper piecing a couple of times, but did have a fabulous workshop with the CKQG a couple years ago, led by the fabulous Evelyn.  Hopefully I can make this process work for these blocks.

Life is good!