Project 48 Blocks 24 & 25

It's been a weekend for orange!  

I love orange.  Like, really, really, love orange.

Block 24 samples did not inspire me at all, but looking through my stash of oranges for something to make this flowerish/plantish block, I found a two lovely fabrics with bold orange and red and light bulbs exploded in my head.  The rings are in rows in the fabric, but made perfect 'flowers' to applique for this block.
Block 24
And I'm a little cranky about this block.  I love the design, and I have nice, crisp, perfect seams and points.  Scant 1/4" seams, thin thread.  Should have been perfect.  Went back to the instructions to triple check.  Here's the math:

The rows with five blocks, have blocks that are 2.25" square.  Five x 2.25 = 11.25.  Less the 2" in seam allowances, that's 9.25.  Not 9.5 like the block is supposed to finish.  Grrrrr.  I'm going to have to fudge the edges - make the sashing bigger or add a strip finishing 1/4" on the sides of this block. Yeesh.

Block 25