Humboldt Strong

@humboldtstrong
@quiltsforbroncos

Small town Canada is hockey. 
Hockey is Canada. 
We are all connected.
We all grieve for the lives lost in this accident, and for the futures changed forever.
We quilt.
We bind our hearts and souls into our quilts.
We hope these tokens of our caring bring comfort to the community.

I didn't get my act together enough to have mine ready for the London Modern Quilt Guild's box of beautiful quilts and blocks going to Humboldt, but they did get sent today!

The "Take 5" blocks are tons of fun to put together, and I mixed mine all up with bits of this and bits of that.  Dark green, light green, black, white gold.  


Loaded the two tops onto the frame with one wide swath of backing and batting.  Quilted Jessica Schick's digital design "Hockey Swirl" from Urban Elementz.

When I took these to the post office, I got to show them to the ladies working today, had a great visit!